Sat, Apr 16|
Going Beyond the Sex Talk | VANCOUVER
It's not easy and you're not alone. Having awkward or sensitive conversations about gender, sexuality, porn, masturbation, and male/female identity with your child or teen is what it means to go beyond the sex talk. VANCOUVER location April 16
Time & Location
Apr 16, 2022, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM PDT
Heritage Church, 8803 NE 76th St, Vancouver, WA 98662, USA
About the Event
The requests from parents wanting help with navigating gender, pornography, and sexuality related topics with their children is steadily increasing. The aim of this workshop is to equip parents with new perspectives and skill-sets to effectively connect with their children around historically hard or awkward conversations. Participants will also be introduced to the concept of sexual integrity and how to disciple a child’s sexuality as well as male/female identity.
This is a Bible-centered and faith-based event. The speakers hold Christian worldviews. Please note the workshop is not designed nor aimed at having debates. As a speaking team we are not gatekeepers to the Gospel but instead hope to model a ministry of reconciliation, gentleness, and truth in love.What will be covered:
- Learn what it means to help cultivate your child’s sexaul integrity.
- Practice and role-play how to have awkward yet real conversations with your children.
- Explore what it looks like for parent-figures to model sexual integrity to the children in their lives.
- Understand the importance of emotional intimacy and attuning with your child and their needs.
- Gain basic connection building principles to use in engaging your children.
- Review and explore biblical male/female identity and sexual boundaries.
- Acknowledge and explore the impact of social, cultural, andl technological influences on sexuality.
- Childcare provided at both locations for ages 10 years and younger.
- Custom made resource book that supports the content covered in the workshop.
- Recommendations for further growth and training including educational resources, local ministries, and personal coaching.
- Personal and honest stories and testimonies from the speakers.
- The workshop will conclude with a time of Q&A with the speaking team.
April 9th The Collective Church, Tigard – $39
April 16th, Heritage Church, Vancouver – $39
L U N C H
There will be a 1.5-2 hour break for you to get lunch off-campus. Both locations are near several fast food or walk-in restaurant options. Suggestion: consider ordering with others using a food delivery to the building so you have time to mingle and discuss the workshop content.
C H I L D C A R E
Childcare will be provided for children 10 y/o and under. If you are not a member of Heritage Church or The Collective, Tigard or have yet to complete the childcare check-in process, please thouroughly fill out the childcare information on this event's registration form. This will make checking your child(ren) into childcare much smoother the day of the event. If you have already gone through the church’s childcare check-in process within the last few months, feel welcome to only include the number of children and their names.
PLEASE NOTICE the lunch break for this event. I will provide light snacks for the children. It's ideal to bring specific snacks that your child needs/likes just in case.
Childcare will open at 8:45 AM -- Please be aware: Depending on how many new children to the church are checking-in there may be a line.
W H A T T O B R I N G
- Notebook/Journal for taking notes
- If you run cold bring a jacket.
S P E A K I N G
Pastors Ben & Heather Rose
Ministry called Cross the Island https://crosstheisland.com/
10 week course for married couples https://mailchi.mp/b97719900f9f/sexualintegrity
Pastors JD & Shawna Danberg
Shawna has been married for 24 years, has two amazing sons, two beautiful daughter-in-loves, and one precious granddaughter… so far! She is passionate about educating, equipping and empowering people through her coaching programs-- Victory Mindset Coaching. Shawna & JD are the pastors of The Vancouver Collective and love leading teams, teaching and developing people in their walk with Christ.
Coaching programs include an 8 week My Family Revival course for the entire family.
Book Coming Out is sold here: https://tetelestaiministries.com/product/coming-out-book/
Julia Garrison, LMHC
Julia specializes in identity formation, relational trauma, and work-life balance. She has taught and built curriculum for university courses in the field of psychology and counseling as well as led workshops to equip university students, faculty, and staff in the areas of mental well-being. She currently coordinates local mental health educational conferences, process groups, and workshops. She has a passion for helping the helper and equipping others in the areas of mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Julia is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor of the state of WA and a Professional Counselor Associate of the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors. She is also a National Certified Counselor. Her Masters degree in Counseling is from Western Seminary, Portland.
Q U E S T I O N S
Email Julia Garrison --- firstname.lastname@example.org
TIGARD Going Beyond Workshop
+$0.98 service fee
+$0.98 service fee0